Monday, April 22, 2013

Dinner and a Musical

Ooh, this post is a bit late! Busy weekend = late blog post, unfortunately.

Anyway, I had a great experience over the weekend. I started out with my brother and a friend at Spuntino, an Italian restaurant on Vesterbrogade here in Copenhagen. I bike past this place everyday, but for some reason I've never thought about dropping in for dinner. It serves Italian food and the menu functions as a placemat as well, so you get a chance to see what your culinary choices are as soon as you sit down at your table.

We opted to start with some bubbly, though. Always a good start.



Spuntino has different dishes to choose from or you can go for their Confused (Forvirret) menu, where the cook chooses 5-6 different dishes for your table to share -- a great way to get a taste of everything. That's going to have to be on my "must try" list, because we opted for individual dishes instead.

I had risoni with truffles and parmesan and sauteed prawns, as seen below. I ordered sauteed mushrooms with herbs as well, but I ate those before I remembered to take a photo. And their bread plate with lentil dip was deelish as well. Nomnom! Good food in portions that don't make you feel like hibernating for a month..


After dinner, it was time for the evening's main event: the musical, Love Never Dies, which is the sequel to the much-loved Phantom of the Opera. 



I must say, I loved it! I loved Phantom of the Opera and I love the sequel as well! I was amused and enthralled and moved all at the same time. The music was beautiful, the costumes were intriguing and the performers were absolutely superb. And the ambiance of Det Ny Teater, which dates back to 1908 and is the third theatre in the world to present Love Never Dies, only added to the overall musical experience. I would recommend catching this musical if it opens in theatres in your neighborhood!



Oh, and here I am sticking out like a sore (and extremely pink) thumb in the crowd of the theatre-goers in Det Ny Teater's beautiful foyer. I must say that old, beautiful places like this theatre is one of the best things about Copenhagen.


Definitely the highlight of my weekend! I can't wait for the next musical to be staged, Crazy For You.

No comments:

Post a Comment