Monday, August 19, 2013

Gastronomic Delight at Spiseloppen in Copenhagen's Hippie Town

Don't judge a book by appearances, indeed! That's what I learned when I visited restaurant Spiseloppen at Copenhagen's own free town, Christiania. This autonomous neighborhood in the borough of Christianshavn is more known for the mild scent of cannabis in the air on Pusher Street, its no-cars-allowed rule, homemade houses and the remains of the hippie movement, so imagine my delight when I found out that this nondescript entrance....


... led up to this cozy restaurant!

Spiseloppen has quite a nice menu. My husband and my friend chose dishes like shrimp and venison while I opted for an appetizer of a green bean salad with nuts and toasted goat's cheese, a main course of chicken leg stuffed with shrimp and served with vegetables and a small melon-apple salad and for dessert--a divine chocolate cake with chocolate ganache, berries and mango ice cream. YUMYUMYUM!


Just take a look at how gorgeous that looks! And the taste was just as beautiful and bursting with flavor!


It will definitely not be the last time I visit Christiania for a culinary experience at Spiseloppen, and maybe to explore some of the other cafes in the free town.

No comments:

Post a Comment